To get a coveted White House Easter Egg Roll ticket for 2009 a different kind of camping out was required than last year. This year myself, sister, and friends camped out in front of our computers checking the White House website to see what time they would make the tickets available online. Boy was it hard! The site crashed numerous times. I kept refreshing with my fingers crossed. A couple times I had tickets in my basket only to find out by the time the page came up they were no longer available. I don't know how I got so lucky. A big THANKS goes out to ALYSSA who called me as soon as the tickets became available twice today, making it possible for not only Sophia and I to go, but also my sister from CA and her family and some friends that were traveling on the road today. We are so excited to go again this year. I think Sophia will enjoy it a little more this year since she's older.
White House Easter Egg Roll 2008

7 comments:
I'm so excited! we got so lucky! I'm glad I was able to log in a second time to get extra tickets for your friends too. love ya
As the friend traveling, I thank you! I can't wait and look toward to meeting stephanie
Wahoo!! I remember reading about this on your blog last year! How fun that you get to go again...tell President Obama and Michelle HI for me :)
You girls are too fun! You are some of the only people I know that got them! Way to go!!!!
My fam is coming for a couple weeks but let's get together soon!
Yay! I was wondering how anyone was going to get tickets because I figured the server would be crashing. Is it still timed entrance?
Lucky you!! Have a good time! Can't wait to read about it and see your awesome pictures!
I'm so glad you got tickets! I love seeing cute Sophie a year ago. How much things have changed, huh?
Post a Comment