After seeing some of Lindi's photos shot in manual, I was inspired to give it a try. This morning Lindi and I took the girls to the George Mason Memorial and the Jefferson with the sole purpose of playing with our cameras while the girls ran around. They played so well together. Sophia loved following London around whether it was climbing up the steps of the Jefferson or balancing around the garden of the Mason Memorial. The spring colors made beautiful back drops for portraits of our cute little girls.
I'll have to say that shooting in manual was challenging, but not as hard as I always imagined it to be. There is a wonderful little tool called the light meter to help you find your exposure so you are never guessing. It's genius. Now that the weather is warming up we're going out weekly with the girls and our Nikons :)









6 comments:
Val you got such better pictures of the girls than I did! I love them!! I would never guess that this was your first time shooting all manual. These pictures are GREAT! You have totally inspired me to get a portrait lens, the clarity in your portraits are amazing! I can't wait for next week.
I am totally bummed I couldn't come! Your photos look fantastic, nice work!
You are such a good photographer Val, I like the last 2 with the monument in the background. Brings back memories of running to that thing;)
Beautiful pictures, you are so talented!
Thumbs up!
Beautiful!! You've got quite the eye! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment