I never knew how disgusted I was with the smell of mulch until moving to the east coast. In fact I never even knew what mulch was. Although I find the smell displeasing, it's come to mark the beginning of spring and for that I have secretly come to like mulch. There is a beauty about it, but what's more beautiful are the blossoms that come with spring. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. The temperature is moderate, not too hot or too cold, and the cold, uninviting trees and bushes take on a warm and colorful appearance.
Having grown up in southern CA with no seasons and moderate temps all year long, it was not until I braved my first winter in Philly that I knew what spring really was. I remember waiting and watching for all the plants and trees to bloom. Wondering what new color would pop up next.
It's that time of the year again when I wait and watch and wonder what I will wake up to the next morning. I can't wait to wake up the the cherry blossoms. So many things to look forward to this spring and summer:
- Easter that will bring my sister and her fam to visit
- possibly the White House Easter Egg Roll (that is if they ever officially announce they are having it)
- the white sand beaches of Costa Rica for spring break
- Rob starting his 4th and final year of Medical School!
- visiting CA in July
- Coldplay concert
- playing at the pool and spray water parks
- Sophia turning 2
- and Rob's brother Mike and his fam visiting



2 comments:
I love you sissy and can't wait for all the times I get to see you over next few months! we are going to have a blast
I'm jealous that steph gets to go see! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment