1/13/10

Married to a 4th year medical student


MEANS:


-your husband can be out of town for days on end, every week for interviews

(November and December were brutal. He's applying for an anesthesia residency for those who don't know)



- he can be out of town for your 30th Birthday and your 9 year Anniversary

(Both were last November, to sick to blog about them)


-your friends step in when he's not around and take you out for a surprise B-day dinner to make you feel special

(Thank you girls!)



-your husband makes it up to you when he gets home by taking you out for some Italian food

(that's the only thing I could stomach at the time, still had morning sickness)


-you become an airport taxi/shuttle



-your daughter thinks the airport is the only place Daddy ever goes



-your husband has taken up collecting travel coffee mugs and t-shirts

-you don't know what state you will be living in come June


-that thought excites you and scares you all at the same time


-you are counting down the days to 3/18/10

(Match Day of course)





(Photo: Amy Celeste Photography)

I love him and enjoy all the adventures he has taken our family on. I can't wait to see where we are headed for our next. As crazy and stressful as these last 3.5 years have been, I wouldn't change a thing (ok, maybe just having him around a little more).

6 comments:

burton family said...

So funny and yet so true. Don't worry, you will see him A LOT more after his intern year.

Ashley said...

Cute, Riggy is a little doctor =)
My vote and prayer is for you guys to move closer to the west coast!

{katrina} said...

Wow! You are amazing! An match day...is the best day ever! It's Addison's birthday! =o) Wishing for you guys to come to the West Coast! I'd love for Sophie & Addie to become buds!

Chelsea said...

My brother-in-law is a 4th year med student and they are going through all of the same things you are, so I have lots of sympathy. On another note, it's so exciting that you're getting another little girl! Since Sophia is about the cutest girl ever, I can only imagine that girl #2 will be absolutely darling :)

Monica Hudson said...

I love that pic of you two...hang in there. You are a stronger woman than I - I'd have lost it by now! ;-) It will all be worth it in the end - I'm excited to see where you guys will be headed next!

Julie said...

don't leave us!