4/20/09

White House Easter Egg Roll- 2009

Monday I'm partying on the White House lawn and 2 days later I'm protesting in front of it. A little ironic I know.


Disclaimer: I feel very blessed to have been one of the lucky ones to obtain tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll this year. I know there were many families that tried just as hard as I did and did not prevail. With this being said, I give you my account:


This year's egg roll was a little different and a little the same. I again had an afternoon time which means the good entertainment is gone and so is the President. The activities were the same and there is really nothing special about them accept that you are doing them on the White House lawn. Last year we showed up early as requested on our tickets and hung out on the ellipse that had an array of activities for those waiting and those that did not have tickets. When our time was called we lined up and in we went. Very short process. This year was very different. We waited 90 mins to get in and did not even get in on time. There was one band playing to keep us entertained that's it. After getting through security. They just kept us in a big mass. No lining up and it was very disorganized. They kept telling us to move around and it didn't make a difference. It was a lot more crowed this year. (They gave out more tickets this year.) They went a little skimpy on the party bags this year. All we got was the wooden egg and a commemorative ticket. Last year's was filled with lots of fun goodies.

We did have a good time though and Sophia loved doing the Easter Egg Roll (although she thought is was more of carry). She fell in love with all of the PBS characters and didn't want to leave them. They were like giant stuffed animals to her. At home she is constantly carrying around a doll or teddy so she really was in heaven. Then there was the giant egg chair that she could have spent all afternoon in. I enjoyed just being close to the White house and taking photos. It was an afternoon filled of memories.






The Proof



Sophia was watching the Egg roll race

Sophia's Easter Egg Roll (carry)





The Egg Chair



PBS Love











The Oval Office (below)

The play set to the side of the Oval office

The view from the lawn

4 comments:

dxeechick said...

cooool! i've never even seen the white house in person! (its on my list) but that's awesome you are close by. and the pics are great as usual.

Ashley said...

Nice pictures!! Seriously your such a photographer Val.

M said...

I love the photos of Sophia in the egg. She is so cute. Oh and that awesome photo of the monuments...

Melissa said...

Man I am way behind! Looks like so much fun!! How amazing to be at the White House!