4/23/09

Cupcakes and Rice Cakes

One of our first stops after my sister came to town was G-town Cupcakes. We'd heard great things about them and couldn't wait to sink our teeth into them. My sister had just visited a Sprinkles in CA within a week of coming out (that way she could compare them). Well after waiting 20mins in a line, being shuffled through a tiny 4x4 square of store space and being rudely helped by an employee we were ready for divineness. Unfortunately all we got were OK cupcakes with a disgusting cream cheese frosting that started to melt off of them before we could even cross the street to go sit and eat them. I have yet to taste Sprinkles, but I would not recommend Georgetown Cupcake to anyone. They aren't that great. I think I could make a cupcake that tasted just as good and has better frosting. It's all hype! So if you live in the area, don't waste your time or money.
Sophia did not waste her appetite on them. She chose rice cakes instead and after Bree devoured her cupcake decided to help Sophia finish up her rice cake.
P.S.
My sister agrees with me and thinks Sprinkles is still the best!









3 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry they were disappointing, but at least you got some great pictures!!

Hansen Family said...

That's good to know! Seems like you guys had tons of fun. Aren't sisters the best?!

Luisa said...

Who is taking these pictures? Do you have a professional photographer following you around everywhere? I'm guessing it's you, and you've got to tell me your secret...your pictures look awesome. Anyways, it was so funny to see this post because I literally just got home from mutual where they were telling me all about Sprinkles. But, I guess I'll have to pass on that and get the Georgetown ones:) So when are you going to Costa Rica? And for what? (by the way, Jake isn't walking yet...he loves crawling too much I guess:)