4/15/09

Tax Day Tea Party- The beginning of a Movement

Sophia and I braved the elements today with hundreds of others in Layafette Park across from the White House. Why would we gather in such awful weather? To protest: taxes, bailouts, and a growing government. Everyone out there at the park today must feel as strongly as I do against these things because standing in puddles and having your jeans soaked to your knees is the worst! Many people stopped to say they liked my signs and asked if they could take my picture. (They are not my original quotes, I printed them off of the internet.) Some older protesters also told me how proud they were to see me out with my daughter. I made friends with another young Mom who was there with her little six month old and more people stopped to snap photos of us. I guess they were impressed we were out in the rain and cold with our little ones. It's a great feeling to know you are not alone in a region of the country with a high population of liberals. We can't wait for the next one! Sophia and I will be there. Bottom sign: " You are not entitled to what I have earned."



Sophia was an angel and slept through most of it.






Hightlight of the day: Hearing Laura Ingraham speak and then snapping her photo as she left.




Some of the signs



















Some of the protesters moved in front of the White House. Shortly after I left I heard some left winged group tossed a package of tea over the White House fence and everyone had to clear out untill they confirmed it was not a bomb.







3 comments:

burton family said...

I am so sad I missed it!!! I almost skipped on my meeting to go.

Stephanie said...

oh my, Val really did go to washington!:) good for you and sticking it to the man

Uffens Family said...

I wish more than anything I could have heard Laura speak!! I LOVE HER!!! Wish we could protest Obama, Reid, and Palosi together!!! I think we were the same way...everyone was snapping pictures of me and Paige :) I can't imagine how awesome to be right in front of the white house to do it!