1/23/12

Preggo Update

I got my positive pregnancy test back in November on my birthday. I couldn't wait to share the news with Rob that evening on our date and although I was elated, I also shared some caution in my emotions. We decided we would wait a few weeks before we even told family or close friends. I was just still too nervous about losing the baby after just having gone through that grief back in September. But this pregnancy was different, it went on past 6 weeks, to 7 and so on. I began to get morning sickness and then the fatigue set in. If you ask what was worse I'd have to say the fatigue. It really got me this time around. I don't know if it was the fact that I was taking care of 2 children coupled with the fact that I later learned at the beginning of Jan that my synthroid dose needed to be increased. Gotta love hypothyroidism.

Anyhow being fatigued during the holidays was hard. The only Christmas we got up was a tree and some ornaments for it. I took out the kid's nativity so they could play with that, but that was it. It was pretty bare bones around here in regards to Christmas decor. That was all I could muster up this year. The Christmas cards we received from friends and family added to the little bit of Christmas in our house as they donned out fireplace mantel.
It was survival mode for many days. Things had to be let go of and I had to be ok with that. It was a rough couple months, but I got through it.

Amidst all of this our family is so thankful for this new little life that we will be blessed with this July! We hope to find out the sex next month if the baby so chooses to cooperate down there. Sophia is hoping for a brother. The only thing I ask for is a healthy baby.

There are days where I get nervous and think how will I handle 3 kids. Those thoughts usually come at times when I'm tired and both Sophia and Scarlett are whining/crying and Rob is still at work. Rob works long hours, sometimes double what a normal person's work schedule would require in a weeks time. So there are a lot of days I have to do it all on my own. I know this will come to an end though and it's not forever. Residency has an end point and come July when our 3rd child arrives we will be exactly half way through!!!

But even with these nervous thoughts come lots of feeling of peace, excitement and faith that I will be able to handle being the mother of 3. Don't ask me how now. But I have faith I'll be guided as I go.

So there you have it. A whole bunch of hormonal thoughts from this preggo lady.

2 comments:

dxeechick said...

ah, even having 2 makes me nervous! you will do great :) best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby! hugs

Bonnie said...

Glad you got through the holidays and that you are doing better. You have such a great attitude and I am so excited for you, hang in there.