We really were spoiled while flying to CA. We got to fly with my Dad so he was a big help with Sophia and all of our luggage. Not to mention he is a frequent business flyer so he has a 1K status (has earned/flown over 100,000 miles) with United. So for check-in, security screenings and boarding we waiting in little or no lines at all. We got to use the premium passenger lines!! While waiting at the airports we didn't have to sit a the gates. We waited in the Red Carpet Club. These member only lounges are sweet! Comfortable chairs, big, flat screen TVs, complimentary drinks and snacks...you almost forget your waiting in an airport.
The jet lag took it's toll on Sophia and I. She wanted to go to bed so early here, but the sun was shining strong which made it quite difficult to accomplish falling asleep for the night. I think we are finally getting adjusted.
Sophia is loving all the attention, hugs, kisses, tickles, and snuggles. She has been to the park with Grandpa and Grandma and taken a bath with cousin Bree. The weather has been great also sunny, breezy and in the 70's. We can't wait to hit the beach.
But the biggest news of all..................Sophia cut her first TOOTH today!!! I'll try to get a pic when it grows in a little. She had been a little extra fussy and clingy, but I thought it was jet lag and her new environment. When she started gnawing on my shoulder and clavicle I knew it had to be something more. To our surprise today we saw and felt her first tooth. Of course this is just two days after leaving Rob. We miss you Dad and we're sad your missing the first tooth!
Checking in at the Red Carpet Club
Strolling to the park
Playing with Grandma at the park
Practicing walking
Playing with cousin Bree's old baby toys and stylin in her new clothes from auntie Steph
5 comments:
I can't believe she got her first tooth already. We miss you guys!
Congrats on the new tooth. I bet you are enjoying the weather. It has been rainy and not that warm here. So enjoy the sun!!
enjoy all your extra help! It is so fun to have all that attention. Poor Rob all alone at home, i guess we will have to him over for BBQ or something.
Yay for teeth! You know, she looks so happy out there. It's probably so fun to be with your family. And I'm so glad the plane trip wasn't a nightmare!
Her first tooth! It's so easy to forget all those first when I am so busy with the climbing, opening doors, playing in the toilet, and pulling on the dogs hair. She amazes me with each post. The last photo on this post looks so much like you! Wish Rob good luck and Brent feels for him. I told him about it and he said "That's exactly what I did too". It turns out he even moved into a friends studio apartment while they were away so he was TOTALLY alone and close to school. Good luck Rob!!
Post a Comment