4/22/08

Newseum

A couple of weeks ago the Newseum opened up in DC. It's a new museum all about news and journalism. Well the first day it opened to the public they were letting everyone in for free (admission for adult $20). Sophia and I had nothing better to do so we hoped on the Metro and went to stand in line. To our surprise the line to get in was not very long and moving very fast. Well I guess too many people had shown up and they were not letting any more on for the day, but were handing out free tickets to come back tomorrow. So I got 4 free tickets for Sat that way Rob could join me and also a couple of friends.


We came back the next day and had a great time. I was more impressed with the museum than I thought I would be. There were a lot of floors with different galleries and theaters. We didn't make it through the whole museum, but here's some things we did enjoy:

  • The top floor terrace had some great views of the Capital





  • The 9/11 Gallery had some impressive and tear jerking footage and photographs, also on display was part of an antenna that was on top of one of the trade towers





  • The 100 ft. long video wall
  • Part of the Berlin Wall
  • Most of all we enjoyed hanging out (literally for Sophie) with our hubby/Daddy





I would recommend this museum even at the steep admission price. There were lots of other things to do that we missed out on like the 4-D theatre and the interactive news room. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

We'll have to check this place out~!
Maybe with you!?!?

So Sophie is a PEACH! I love all her 8 month pictures!! I adore everything about her, but absolutely adore her HAIR!! Yes, I'm longing for Lexi to grow some! :) Cute headbands too!! She's cute wearing anything!!! XOXO

Lori said...

When I lived in New England 95-97 I was able to stand at the top of the Twin Towers. Those pictures are very special now.