4/11/08

Eight is great!

Showing off her new push-up skills

Enjoying the big yellow swing
Wearing her blue doggy dress

Just this last week Sophia turned 8 months old and with came some new highlights. First off she now puts her consonants and vowel sounds together. So instead of always hearing aaaaaaa, we now are graced with Ba, ba, ba, ba, Va, va, va, va and we thought we heard Da, da, da the other day.


Since Sophia's birth she has hated tummy time. She usually cried the entire time, therefore; we didn't do it as often as we should. Although within the last couple of weeks she has enjoyed it more and more. She now does push -ups and scoots herself backwards. I know some of you parents are thinking this is not a big deal. It is for us and Sophia! Tummy time use to = trouble time. Not anymore!! We are very excited about this new progress towards crawling.


She still loves to continue to stand with support. If you stand her on the ground sometimes she'll take just a couple of baby steps. Sometimes when we try to sit her down she won't bend her body. She'll just keep it straight because she would rather be standing. Silly girl.


One thing I've neglected to mention in the past is her love of Tags. She will find a tag on anything that has one: books, blankets, stuffed animals, rattles. She loves them. Earlier this week she went shopping with me. As I carried her around the store to look at the racks of clothing she would reach out and grab the tags on the clothing. This girl can be anywhere and find amusement in any tag. My friend Alyssa told me about these blankets and toys that have tags all around them. I'm thinking that would be a good investment for Sophie.


She continues to amaze, entertain and bring smiles, laughs and joy to our lives. We LOVE you so much Sophia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing Mom Val! Sophia is adorable, I can't believe she is 8 months old!!! I wish we had spring like weather out here...no instead we get a BLIZZARD. Oh, and I loved the Ruby post!

Andrea Hatch said...

Sophia is the cutest!! She is such a happy baby! Congrats on her new found appreciation for tummy time!

Lori said...

She is a cutie! Love the blue dress