So this last weekend I came down with a cold. I thought it was nothing and would be able to get over it in a day or so. Well, what I neglected to realize was that not only was I sick, but still had to care for little Sophia at the same time. No sleeping in, no long naps, no laying on the couch watching movies. It was so HARD being sick and taking care of Sophia at the same time. Everything that I normally do to care for her which is pretty easy became 100 times harder. I was so exhausted every day. It took me days to get rid of this cold. Bless Sophia's heart. She was an angel through it all. She camped out in her swing and bouncy seat a little more than usual and didn't have a problem with that. She also slept through the night once without getting up to feed at all (that was a first, but don't think it's the start of anything, she woke up at 4:30 this morning to feed). It was just what I needed a good nights rest with no interruptions. The whole time I kept hand sanitizer nearby so I wouldn't get Sophia sick also. It's a weekend I would not like to relive again anytime soon, but know it is inevitable.
No comments:
Post a Comment