Rob had a week off in May so we headed to the beach. A new one for us. The weather was nice and the water was warm. We went mid-week so the beach had very little people. We enjoyed driving around the slightly grubby little beach town and started off our mini vacay at a seafood restaurant.
Scarlett went swimming for the first time, well in a hot tub cause the pool was freezing and the hot tub was broken so it was the perfect temp for a dip.
Typical hotel breakfast
Scarlett got to spend her first Birthday on the beach. She loved crawling around and exploring. She would have crawled right into the ocean if we let her. Sweet Sophia panicked when she saw this and screamed until I picked her up.



She also loved eating the sand. I thought I'll let her taste it and then she wouldn't want anymore. Well I was wrong. She would have kept eating it if I hadn't stopped her.

We basically had a giant section of the beach to ourselves.







We also visited the old historic district and ate some yummy milkshakes
and picked out candy we didn't even like (well Sophia didn't like, I loved the sour candy she picked out)
I think it was fate that Rita's was right next to our hotel. How I've missed you, especially on these hot, humid summer days. Sadly Sonic slushes have replaced water ice.
2 comments:
Looks so fun! And you look amazing, by the way! Especially for having a little one year old. Hot mama!
Is that a picture of riggy laying out on the beach? I love it.
Looks like you guys had a fun trip. I'm sure you guys will have fun at the beach in Cali pretty soon too.
Love ya sissy!
Post a Comment