
It's the end of October and still hot enough to get wet.
Sophia often asks what happened to my other house? I tell her it's still there, we just live in Texas now. She says she wants to go there. I don't blame her. Sometimes I want to go back too. (OK, a lot of times.) Not to our small apt. I don't miss that thing. I just miss what felt like home to us for so many years. Rob will be the first to tell you change is not easy for me. It's been quite an adjustment. Things are different here in so many ways. I'm not complaining. A lot of things are good changes.
It takes me about 20mins to go anywhere (except the grocery store, 10mins).
Strangers are nice here and want to talk to you and help you. I've probably talked to more people at the grocery store here in the last few months than the entire 4 years in DC.
I have 2 more bathrooms and a lot more house to clean.
I keep thinking because it's a little overcast in the morning I'll be able to wear a scarf or boots, not the case.
I've become a spider killer, cricket catcher, and weed wacker.
I'm also the sprinkler system, we don't have. ( we got old sod pulled a couple weeks ago and new sod layed so I've been watering every day!)
HEB (the grocery store) makes fresh flour tortillas daily -yummy
Rob and I have a new addiction- Blue Bell
Life here is good! I get to wake up every morning to 2 smiling girls and spend each and every day taking care of them. And when I'm lucky I get to see/spend time with my husband ;) Before I know it life in Texas will feel like home.

5 comments:
Pros and cons to everywhere but I am glad to hear your pros...Change does take time but is always worth it in the end.
I don't think you'll ever stop loving D.C. (I know I won't) it was just that time in your life and a place/people you needed during that phase. On a good note: you will start to love your new home for other reasons, and your kids will enjoy Texas so much more than the city.
P.S. did I mention how jellous I am that you're swimming in October!
Send those tortillas my way!!!
So jealous about the swimming! Elliot has been talking alot about sophie, and we chat about how much we miss you guys! Your photos are so pretty.
Oh Val! It makes me happy that you are enjoying Texas but D.C. definitely missed you!
Your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment