9/15/08

Pentagon Memorial

Today Sophia and I visited the Pentagon Memorial. We went with a couple of friends and it's a good thing Megan was there because she soon became our tour guide. From walking us to the memorial to explaining all the symbolism in the layout of the memorial we were set. I'll be honest upon first glance it's simple and not very awe inspiring, but when you walk around and see all the symbolism in the layout, and think back to that tragic day, it becomes so much more than simple. I think it's a beautiful place to ponder, mourn, and remember the fight against terrorism. Some photos I took.....





5 comments:

Luisa said...

Those are neat pictures you took. I haven't seen pictures yet, so I'm glad you went and posted these. You get to do and see a lot of cool things living over there.

Lori said...

Those are really nice pictures. I just watched a show on the Pentagon 9-11 attack so it's fresh in my mind.
It seemed to get much less attention in the media than the WTC so it's nice to see a post on it.

Andrea Hatch said...

Gorgeous photos Valerie! These are beautiful!

M said...

Your photos turned out so pretty, Val.

Bradbury Bunch said...

Ohmygoodness Val-have you been busy over there!!! And Happy belated birthday to you too Sophie!!!!

These pictures are awesome--are you going into photography? Cause I love the leaf picture too!!

Kiss that adorable girl on the cheek for us!! And tell her Lexi says hi! :)