Yesterday I stopped at the grocery store with Sophia. It was near her lunch time so I was trying to hurray and keep her happy. I needed to pick up cilantro for a dressing I was making. I read the sign that said cilantro bunch and grabbed the green bunch of herbs sitting above (maybe I should have grabbed the ones below?) I put them in a plastic bag and home we went. Later that night I pulled them out to cut them up. I thought they looked a little funny and the smell wasn't right. But it was late and I was tired so I put them in the dressing anyway. After tasting the dressing and smelling the herbs again I decided something wasn't right. I pulled the rubber band with the tag out of the trash. It said parsley! But to my defense it wasn't the regular parsley it was some special kind with long leaves closing resembling cilantro. How embarrassing! A Mexican that doesn't even know her cilantro! Sorry Mom. I know you taught me better than that. I went back to the grocery store that night and picked up some cilantro and made the dressing all over again! I hope it taste good after all that work.


1 comment:
I think we are the same kind of mexican, I did the same thing ONCE in stockton..never again.
Post a Comment