This last weekend Sophia and I went fair hopping. Our county fair was small and was lacking the one thing that makes a fair, the livestock. We had fun though hanging out with our friends and watching the piggy races. On Saturday we drove out to the country and found a real fair with livestock and all ( even sea life!) Sophia enjoyed the petting zoo. It was so much fun seeing her get excited about the animals.
Julie volunteered for the pig races and then got stuck on pooper scooper duty :)
Piggies racing!
Sophia had more fun playing with Elliot's crocs than watching the piggies race

Sophia tried to share her sippy cup with the animals. She stuck if right through the rail and I caught hold of it right before she let go!
A well fed pig

Milking a cow
The sea life was such a treat and not something you would expect at a fair. The sea lions were trained to rest their heads on your for the pictures. When I walked up with Sophia I wasn't expecting it and neither was Sophia. As soon as one of their heads landed on Sophia she starting screaming and crying. We got her to calm down for a picture, but that's why she looks a little unhappy in the picture below.

Piggies racing!
Sophia had more fun playing with Elliot's crocs than watching the piggies race
Sophia tried to share her sippy cup with the animals. She stuck if right through the rail and I caught hold of it right before she let go!
A well fed pig
Milking a cow
The sea life was such a treat and not something you would expect at a fair. The sea lions were trained to rest their heads on your for the pictures. When I walked up with Sophia I wasn't expecting it and neither was Sophia. As soon as one of their heads landed on Sophia she starting screaming and crying. We got her to calm down for a picture, but that's why she looks a little unhappy in the picture below.
7 comments:
She is getting so big Val, Sophie is so cute! you look a little uneasy with the seal's head on you too =)
you are so brave to take a picture with the sea lion like that! or I'm jusy the sissy you know I am! Looks like you girls had fun. Love you!
Those pictures are so beautiful! Sophia's hair is so long and gorgeous. I wish I made it to the fair; I really want a picture with me and the sea lion like that. : /
i am so jealous you guys got to see so many animals and the other fair. We totally missed out!
Why are fairs so much fun!! What a way to keep Sophia entertained! She is adorable! You had some great photo ops in there!
I LOVE the pic with the sea lions - way cute! Looks like fun - glad you found a REAL fair!
Valarie, as Julie says "you and I are in a fight"...I can not believe you got to go to the far with Julie and no invite to me ;) By the way, love your blanket...you should do the next quilt block exchange with us! Really!
Post a Comment