Last Friday Amelia and her family pulled their U-haul out of town. I'm very excited she is moving so close to New York. Now I have someone to visit and stay with when I want to go play in the big city!
I'm very sad though that she just isn't around the block any more. The beginning of our friendship was Friday night game nights. ( I first have to thank Cory and Alyssa, because if it weren't for that first invite to game night we might not have come to know the Reddingtons.) It was a standing invite to there apt. Only stipulation we bring the games they provide venue and food. Amelia always baked the best things. These nights would always turn into the wee mornings somehow. We just couldn't get enough. The competition was fierce, the company like family, and the games were just plain nerdy fun! They weren't your average card and Monopoly. No, these all took brain and strategy.
After I had Sophia I had just moved into her ward and didn't know a lot of other Moms that were home during the day. She always called to invite me out to do things. On too many mornings she listened to my typical motherly challenges I had faced the night before or was facing that day. Always had kind words that seemed to comfort. There was lots of park days, shopping, and girls nights out.
She has taught me so much about the kitchen. Mostly baking, candy making, cake decorating. She has shared some of the best recipes, skills, and techniques.
Then there was the night we camped out on the Eclipse! Very unforgettable!
I could go on and on about what a dear friend she has been. I love her very much and will miss her dearly!
So the night before she left Lyssa, Amelia, and I went to try Iceberry. Apparently this new tart fro-yo is all the rage and way trendy. We had to give it a try. After hearing mixed reviews our verdict was " We heart Iceberry" We tried the chocolate and Melon flavor. They were delish. Don't know about the original. It's also very low cal, what's not to love.
3 comments:
we miss our game nights with the china-men holts.
trendy froyo= seriouslysoblessed! hope you make prez!
I am all for trying iceberry! and for friday night game nights!
Post a Comment