10/24/07

West Coast Treat

A couple of weekends ago (Oct. 13th, I know I'm a little behind in my blogging) my sister Stephanie and her family came to D.C. to visit and meet Sophia for the first time. When family visits it's always a treat!!! We enjoyed having them here so much. Stephanie and Bree, her 2 year old daughter, enjoyed holding Sophie and helping to feed her. It was fun to take them into the District and see all the sites and memorials. We hit the Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, Capitol, and White House. We also visited the Natural History Museum ( Bree loved seeing all the animals) and also the Air and Space Museum. The best part it was all free. We also walked around Georgetown and ate a really good brunch there. My sister couldn't believe how preppy everyone looked around there. Polo shirts with collars up and everyone all matchy matchy. Don't get her wrong, she likes a little J Crew, just not head to toe. I had to remind her we were on the east coast. We enjoyed hanging out and laughing about silly things like sisters do.
My father was lucky to have a business trip scheduled that week and got to come be with both of his granddaughters. He was able to hold them both, one in each arm. It was a special day.




Steph, Bree, and Jason at the Natural History Museum



Steph and I at the National Mall


(the Washington Monument in the background)


Auntie Stephie with Sophie



Bree feeding Sophie. Sooo Cute!!!!

2 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Always fun for family to visit and show off Sophia! I love showing Annie off! :) It is the mom in us! You look fantastic!!!

{katrina} said...

So weird to see Steph all grown up! I remember when she was the pesky little sister...and now she's a woman...and a Mom! Your Dad looks great as well! Tell them I say hello!