Sophie's response was a big screaming no!!! So yesterday was her 2 month immunizations. Don't get me wrong, I'm a mother that completely believes in vaccines, but what an awful thing to watch your child go through. I brought Rob for moral support (for me) and really to hold her down if I couldn't. As I bravely held my daughter through each needle stick, I couldn't help but cry right along with her. All the hugs, kisses, and sweet words are not enough to take away that pain. Sophia did very well though and now we don't have to repeat this episode for another 2 months. She came home and slept for a while, then had a fussie period before bed. She surprised me though and did her normal night sleeping only getting up once for a feeding. We are very proud of her and LOVE her soooooooo much!!!

5 comments:
I love your new blog!!! It's so hip and cute. We just got Emma's one year shots (a bit late, but the doc's said it's okay). Make sure Rob is there for that one. It's like Emma looked at me with her lip quivering and asking me why I wasn't stopping it. Getting the blood for the lead test was not fun either. If only they could understand us when we say "It's for your good sweetie". Keep up the blog, I love it.
Just think Rob...this year is almost half over!!! Hooray!!!!
Oh how I am not looking forward to those days! I'm going to be a wreck!
I hope it gets a bit easier as they get older!
Oh, I SSOOO understand that! Actually, when Caden had to go for his first set of shots, I couldn't do it...I made Shaune take him:) I'm such a wimp!!! However, with Dexter, I was WAY better and able to take him no prob :) It definitely gets easier.
P.S. I ran into the same problem as you with that website wanting me to delete my widgets. Thanks to your advice, I didn't do it, but I found another website that you might like:
http://matiekay.blogspot.com
or
http://shabbytulips.blogspot.com
Ohmygoodness. . . .I still have a month to prepare and it's still not long enough to get ready for the shots!!! Thankgoodness they don't remember right?! What a trooper you havr!! :)
Awww, poor Sophie. It is so hard! I just had Vanessa's 1 yr. shots today and it was so hard...except, it is nice how tired she was afterwards....
I love the song on your blog!
Post a Comment