12/30/11

Happy Napper



I think I took these photos in attempt for a photography assignment for my class. It's driving me a little nuts that the crib is not horizontal. (Look what Karen's class has done to me, I would have never cared about that before.) I'm willing to overlook it though cause my baby is smiling and happy after this nap.

I know this photo is now a couple months old but boy has Scarlett grown in these last couple of months. She talks so much. Everyday she'll just repeat a new word she hears and uses a handful of words and sentences to communicate on a regular basis. I don't remember Sophia doing that at her age. One of Scarlett's favorite phases to use is, "What happened to the (insert word here: light, show.)" But a lot gets forgotten over the years. That's why we write things down. I do think it helps that she has Sophia around who talks all day long. It just seems like she is growing up so much faster than Sophia did.

She's still quite the climber so I have to be careful when I turn my back that she's not on the kitchen table. She loves doing whatever her sister does even if it's not quite age appropriate for her. We are already to the stage where I think I just can't buy one of that I now have to buy 2 or there will be tears!

Scarlett's favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba. Thank you Netflix for the 2 seasons you have on demand. It's Mom's favorite too cause I can get a lot done in those 22 min episodes. Her favorite movie is Strawberry Shortcake: Sky's the Limit.

Scarlett is still a fantastic eater. She'll try just about anything new and even eats meat something I know for sure Sophia did not do. Her favorites though are cheese, eggs, yogurt, chicken and of course some cookies and sweets never hurt.

Sophia loves that Scarlett is so much more talkative and playful now than before.
Scarlett has her moments, but for the most part she is still a pretty easy going little girl.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Doug said she is getting SO big. She isn't the same little girl we saw last May.