2/2/11

4 people- January

This isn't the first time I've copied been inspired by Tara Whitney. Remember my new favorite photo wall in my house.
So this time I'm attempting her 6 people 12 times project, only my will be 4 people 12 times. I thought it was a great idea and it would motivate me to get more family photos. I'm usually the one behind the camera and not in front of it. It will also make me journal a little more of what is going on month to month.
Here's our first month photo. It was pretty nice weather on the day we took it.
January started off kind of sad. On the first day of the new year we said good-bye to my parents and drove them to the airport after enjoying a wonderful visit from them ( yet to be blogged about). Rob also started another hard rotation that day and worked so many hours last month. The weather was a little cold and rainy the first week or 2 and then it finally cleared up. We enjoyed temps in the 60s and 70s for most of the month. That meant playing in the backyard everyday, several times a day. Sophia got a new swing set for Christmas and it's already gotten a lot of use. We were loving this Texas winter until this week. (It just got super cold and it's suppose to snow at the end of the week!)
Sophia continues to love everything girly- Disney princess, Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake. She'll watch any show or movie with the above listed stars. She met 2 new friends this month, Polly and Henry (imaginary friends that is). We went and toured a few pre-k schools this month for the fall and she was so excited. She keeps asking if she is going to school today. I keep telling her,"No. You'll go in August." It's hard to believe that in about a 1 1/2 she'll be going to kindergarten. She's also enjoying her new board games she got for Christmas- Candy land and Hi-Ho Cherry-O. She still doesn't play by all the rules but she's getting the hang of them.

The sisters continue to love each other. Sophia loves to give Scarlett hugs and kisses and says what a cute baby she is all the time. Scarlett loves to watch Sophia run around and play. It brings her lots of smiles and giggles.

Scarlett turned 8 months old this month. She's still not mobile, but getting closer. Still not very keen on baby food, so I just try to give her whatever we're eating as long as it's soft. Everything she touches goes in her mouth. She must be teething the way she tries to chews on everything, including her toes :) She also loves to be outside. Sadly at the end of the month she came down with a nasty virus of some sort that lasted for days. She was so miserable. It was so hard to see her suffer like that. She's pretty much back to her normal self now.

The girls of course continue to keep me busy. We also enjoyed some playgroups from church and our resident spouse Alliance group. My TV shows started back up this month. These 3 guilty pleasures include: Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, and Grey's Anatomy. I also enjoy most of the NBC Thursday night line up.

Rob is going to have a little more time off in February so we are looking forward to that.



6 comments:

{katrina} said...

Awesome! I loved Tara's series and am excited to see you doing your take on it! I need a tripod and a remote before I could even attempt something like that. :)

Miss you guys!

Ashley said...

Such a cute picture Val!! I think I need to start saving to come out to visit you guys =)

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the update, we love hearing from you and I miss coming to visit you every month.

Melissa said...

Love it!!! Love it!!!!

burton family said...

Cute family. Strange to think that we met when you didn't have any little ones yet...now two!

Ashley said...

Hey, Its almost march. I need to see a picture for Feb =)