2/26/11

Two Shops- Fredericksburg

When my parents were in town at Christmas we visited downtown Fredericksburg. It's so cute and has lots of fun stores. The weather that day ended up being perfect for strolling outside.

Shop #1
Things in a Room:
a fabric and gift shop
( I was in heaven)
I scored some oil cloth at half off and some Chalk cloth at discount also. Then I came to find out that they both have phthalates. Which are used in plastics to soften them. They can be harmful, cause cancer, blah, blah, blah. But apparently they are found in plastic that we use daily (shower curtains, plastics in our cars). They have been banned in use of children's toys. So I'm undecided on how I feel about them or what I will use my fabric for. I was going to make those cute little roll-up chalk mats for the girls, but that's on pause for now.
Any how this store with filled with beautiful fabrics, notions, and gifts galore. I can't wait to go back.

I love the fabric in the embroidery hoops. I've been wanting to do this in the girl's rooms for a while.








Shop# 2
Red
vintage, modern,antiques!
( the photos tell all)
So much fun to walk around this place.

Can you see my reflection above?




2 comments:

M said...

Those stores look so awesome. I wish we had something like that here. We probably do I just need to find it.

Loved your Christmas photos. Your girlsare so adorable. Miss you!

Lyssa said...

So fun! I want to go there when we come