12/20/07

Happy Birthday Rob!

Last weekend was hubbies birthday. Unfortunately he spent it studying for finals, but did enjoy some B-day cupcakes. I'm so grateful to have met him that warm summer night in Camarillo. I'm thankful for his hard work and his example of following inspiration and the spirit. He takes good care of our family and always manages to find a little time through all the studying to spend with Sophia and I even if it's just a few minutes. We think he's just awesome. How many people can say at 35 that they have owned and operated there own Entertainment Consulting Business, lived and worked in Abu Dhabi doing oil and gas consulting, traveled to the far places of the world like China and Australia just to name a few, and then chose to pursue medical school. He's super Honey!!! :) We just love him so much!!!! Since we didn't do anything exciting this last weekend I thought I would leave you with some pics from one of our previous adventures. Our life in Abu Dhabi.....Some wonderful memories.




Dune Bashing



It was so amazing. Like riding a roller coaster.




Experiencing the Beautiful Desert

Of course the beautiful beaches and warm water. I worked hard on my tan everyday and honey worked hard at the office :)


There was time for play though.....Wild Wadi says it all. This is the best water park in the world. Well, at least we think so. I found the perfect description of our favorite rides there on Wikipedia:
"Master Blaster slides are best described as "uphill water roller coasters". Riders can sit in either a single or double ring, and are propelled uphill by high-powered water jets."






And of course the beautiful skyscrapers..... this is the famous Burj Al Arab. They charge you to even go in the lobby.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!! Those pictures are beautiful. I actually saw a show about the hotel that charges to go into the lobby. It's amazing!!!!!

Bradbury Bunch said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rob!!! Looks like you had such an awesome adventure!!! Thanks for sharing the gorgous pictures....I want to go to somewhere warm right now!! You guys look so great!!

M said...

My goodness. I had no idea you have done these fun things. I need to hear all about it. I hope you have a great time in Cali.
Oh, and Happy Birthday, Rob.

Courtney said...

"Oh The Places You'll Go"--little did you know how right Dr. Suess was when you met/married Rob :) That was a fun recap! Merry Christmas, Holt Crew! Happy Birthday, Rob!

Luisa said...

That was fun to see those pics of your adventures...I seriously want to go to that water park!