The girls and I hosted a Valentine's Day Party/ play date for the University Alliance (resident physician spouse group). It was so much fun. We ended up with a good turn out of about 15 mommies and their kids. We decorated sugar cookies and I think it only took a few minutes before my kitchen floor was covered in sprinkles (I could see that coming). The kids enjoyed eating, decorating and playing. I enjoyed finally having a space big enough to host that many!Getting the decorations together was the fun part. My friend Lindi from Love the Day is an amazing stylist and graphic designer! She and a few other friends threw me a fabulous baby shower for Scarlett (that I somehow forgot to blog about) last year. Anyhow she had some fun, free printables for Valentines Day that she was giving away. I hopped on that and downloaded them. I used the colors to guide my decor. Thanks Lindi. I think the party turned out amazing.
I am in love with this frosting that I use on the cupcakes. I don't know if I'll every go back to buttercream.
I am in love with this frosting that I use on the cupcakes. I don't know if I'll every go back to buttercream.






5 comments:
So cute! It's great when you finally have some space for more than two people.
What a cute party! I do miss our crowded get togethers though! And I agree about that frosting, it is the best, I have the same recipe on my blog, love it!
- Alyson
You did such a great job with everything! Looks amazing! Cute kitchen too!
Adorable! You really need to post some pics of the new house!
Hi Val,
Send me the recipe to that frosting. It must be amazing that you're giving up butter cream! Everything looked spectacular in the pictures. What a great eye you have!
Margie
Post a Comment