4/18/11

March- 4 people

March was filled with so many highs and lows. Rob had a pretty good work schedule so that was nice and he didn't start studying for step 3 till the end of the month. We used our season passes to Sea World for the first time and then went again within that week. We had plans to go back on Rob's next day off but that never happened. The stomach virus hit our house. Sophia was so sick for days. That's throwing up for days. Then the first day that she actually felt better, I got hit with it. I didn't know how I was going to function that day and take care of the girls. Thank goodness my neighbor Linzie took Sophia for the day and Rob was able to get off early that day to take care of Scarlett for me. I had no energy and could do pretty much nothing. Thankfully I was only down about a day, but that was a such a bad day. Rob eventually got sick also, but it barely phased him. I think he missed one meal that day. Scarlett managed to escape the plague that hit our home. Once everyone was well again. I was in full catch up mode. The amount of laundry and house work that had piled up was so overwhelming. I tackled a little each day and before I new it we were back on track. Just in enough time to welcome my Mother who came to stay with us for 2 weeks. The girls and I were so spoiled to have her come stay that long. The girls loved playing with her and listening to her tell stories. I loved that she helped with the girls and all the house work. It was a much needed break for me after that illness swept through our home. Sophia still talks about Mema and how she wants her. The other day she asked for her and then said she wanted to live in CA. I told her maybe one day we would live there again, but for at least the next 3 years we had to be in Texas for Daddy's work. So the month ended on a good note with Mema visiting.


Scarlett turned 10 months old and then started crawling within that same week. Yikes! I kinda forgot how nice it is, but also how they can get into so many things when they are mobile. She also learned to wave and say bu-bye. She loves to wave at people and cars as they pass. She's becoming a lot more sociable and love to be around Sophia and her friends. Her hair is getting longer and she's getting a little color on her skin. I can tell because the lines where her rolls are pretty white compared to the color on the rest of her skin. She still has lots of chubs and the cutest gummy smile (no teeth still). She become quite a good eater and loves fruit! No more baby food for her. She hates to be fed. I have to piece everything for her and let her feed herself. That's the way she likes it.


Sophia continues to enjoy the backyard (swinging, and her swimming pool);therefore, she looks like she's spent all summer on a beach. She's got a mean tan. She loves to play with her friends next door and is always asking, can a friend come to my house? She still doesn't do well with large groups of kids, but one on one she enjoys. She has a new fear of dogs. I don't know where this came from. Makes it a little challenging when we go to our neighbor's house that has a dog. I'm hoping she'll grow out of this soon. She helped me plant some cucumbers and zucchini in containers for our veggie garden. She loves watering them and watching them grow.


We are looking forward to more family coming to visit this month and next.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute family picture =)

We can't wait to come visit!!! Love and miss you sissy!

Denisse said...

Val! i miss you!

glad everyone is feeling well now and over that bug!

love the family picture!:)

hugs!

Julie said...

you guys look great! i love these pics!

Margie said...

Such a cute family. Sorry you were sick. I so sympathize with the catching up. It's my perpetual way of being...

Courtney said...

Sickness is the worst with little children! So sorry for you and your beautiful family!! However, sounds like a visit from your mom was just what you all needed :)
LOVE all your pictures!! Miss you! LOVE you :)