3/16/11

Sophia the Sick

To say the last 3 days have been challenging for me would be an understatement. It was like a bad dream I couldn't wake up from. Early Sunday morning Sophia came down with a vicious viral stomach bug. The vomiting didn't stop till yesterday. It got to the point I just assumed she would keep throwing up forever. So when she kept dinner down last night and breakfast this morning it was such a delight for me.

Anyone that knows me well, knows I'm a worry wort. Not the best trait to have. Of course care and concern are what every mother should have for her children, but obsessively worrying -not good. I think I might have added 10 new lines and wrinkles to my face in the last week. It's a good thing we now have an MD in the house and the second best thing to having a doctor in the house is having one next door. I have that also. So when Rob wasn't home, I called over my friend's hubby Jared to look at Sophia and do an exam. It was so nice to not have to pack Sophia into the car with a throw up bucket and take her to the Dr.'s office to be evaluated for dehydration.

So you would think that with Sophia getting daily exams that my worrying would abate. Wrong! Thoughts of surgery and cancer were going through my mind. Maybe because one day when I was a little girl my stomach aches went from a Dr.'s office visit to the operating table within 24hrs. (That part of my life deserves it's own volume of blog posts at a later date.)

Anyway seeing Sophia so hungry and weak was so painful. It made me so sad to her this way. She was like another child. Her energy, sparkle, and spirit that she infuses into our everyday lives was absent. I missed her so! I think Scarlett missed it too. Mom is not quite as much fun to watch or play with as is a running, dancing, singing, giggling 3 year old sister.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't hit anyone else in our home, especially Scar.




Here are some photos of Sophia during a happier time with 2 of her favorite people: her sister and her best friend Avery.



4 comments:

dxeechick said...

Poor baby! Cute pics though! Glad she's feelin' better :)

Lyssa said...

So sorry she was so sick. Glad she is doing better!!

Ashley said...

Every time you update your blog, it makes my day!!!

I'm so glad she is feeling better. Can't wait to see them!

{katrina} said...

Glad to hear Sophia is feeling better! I can't handle vomiting, so for that...you are my hero!