Aside from all the germs and illness this last month ended up being pretty good. Scarlett ended January sick and then passed it on to the rest of us. One by one we all got sick and somehow poor Sophia got sick 2 different times. Ahhhh. I felt like nurse for the first part of the month.The weather started out extremely cold for South Texas. We were having highs in the 20s and by the end of the first week we had SNOW! Yes, it snowed for the first time here in I don't know how many years. I really didn't think we would see snow in the 4 years here. I was wrong. Sophia got all bundled up that morning and played in the 1/2 to 1 inch we got and by noon it had all melted. The entire city shut down for the morning and school was canceled. We got freezing rain right before the snow so the road conditions were not safe. All the highways were shut down so Rob had no way of getting to work. He got a snow day and spent the day at home with us. We warmed back up to the 70's and 80's for the rest of the month and have been enjoying our afternoons in the backyard. I keep reminding myself this is the good time of year to be outside, so take advantage and enjoy.
Rob had most of his weekends off for this last rotation! It was amazing. We attended the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo (minus the cowboy hats and boots). It was fun to see all the livestock up close and get a glimpse into a very different way of life.
Scarlett turned 9 months old and is finally eating more solids. Still not a lot, but more than before. She's scooting around on her bottom and getting pretty good at getting around like that. I have to watch what Sophia leaves on the floor now. She still puts anything and everything in her mouth. Scar will scoot backwards on her tummy also, but still no crawling. She loves to be around Sophia and her friends and the outdoors. Bath time is a fun time and she has decided that she doesn't want to be rocked to sleep anymore. She also just started shaking her head no. It's too cute.
Sophia asks everyday if I'm going to take her to preschool. I don't even sign her up till Monday and then she won't start till September. It's going to be a long 6 months of waiting for her. She likes to pretend to have homework and pack a bag for school.
We gave her a paperback Book of Mormon to take to church on Sundays and she just loves it. She carries it around all week long and pretends to read it.
We're looking forward to Bluebonnets. They will try to take the place of our Cherry Blossom springs we are use to.
4 comments:
I love this! I am totally hopping on the bandwagon soon! Project 365 keeps me on my toes as it is though!
Come on! No cowboy hat and no boots to a rodeo?!!! ha ha!:)Rodeos are fun! and you guys are just about the cutest little family!:) I love, love, love that picture of you guys! and your backyard looks so wonderful! :)
You guys look so happy! By the way, I love your playlist on this blog. I like to listen to it when I'm doing dishes. It's just the right mix of fun and mellow!
So fun catching up on all your adventures of the past few months. The girls are lovelier everyday and you and Rob look pretty darn good, too! On a side note, what is hot cinnamon milk mix? That sounds amazing! The tamales look really tasty, too :)
Post a Comment