

But only for a little while. I'm going to try to catch up on some blogging before baby comes in a little over 2 weeks.
This is a skirt I made Sophia from a tutorial founds here. It was my first attempt at sewing jersey knit aside from a scarf I did earlier this year. It was a little challenging, but I finished the project.
As for Sophia, she has grown up so much in the last 6 months. Every time I look at her I think where did my little toddler go. She just seems so much older now. Her language skills are improving daily and it's quite impressive. She still says things that make us laugh though. The other night I asked her if she wanted to go get some ice cream. She saw a photo of some on the internet and said," Mmmmmm, that icey creamy is hungry for me!"
The other day the baby kicked my ribs and Sophia heard me say, " Owwww!" She asked what was wrong and I told her the baby kicked me. She then said, pointing her index finger at my belly, " No, no, no, baby." Five mins later she got up rubbing her tummy and said, " Owww. Mommy, I have a baby in my tummy.
Lately there's only been about 2 dresses in her wardrobe that she'll wear. Her "yellow pretty dress" and her blue one. She's been on a Beauty and the Beast kick and those are the only colored dresses that Bell wears in the movie. Neither of her dresses resemble Bell's at all except for the color. She'll pull them out of the dirty clothes to put them on. I've been having to do a lot of wash as of late.
Now that the weather is nice, we've been at the park a lot. She loves the swings and just being outside in general. I can't wait for our backyard.
I think she's going to be a great big sister. Just this morning she decided that she needed to read the baby some of her books so she sat near my belly and "read" the books. Every now and then touching my baby belly and telling the baby what she saw on the pages.
Rob has been home a lot more now that he is finished with school. Sophia has enjoyed having Daddy around. A complete change to what we experienced the last 4 years. But we are loving it while it lasts just a few more weeks.
9 comments:
I've been waiting for you to update your blog. I still want to see another prego picture of you!!
love the skirt Val...so cute!:)You did SUCH an awesome job.
Thanks for sending those pictures of us!:) Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday!
Skirt is super cute ;)
the skirt turned out adorable! I am so jealous you will have a backyard. Can't wait to meet the little one!
I think I just might have to attempt that skirt! It's too cute! Sounds easy too!
That skirt turned out great! I can't wait to see the little one. Good luck with the labor.
I can't believe you are having a baby so soon! I will be thinking of you down here. As for li'l miss Sophie, she just gets cuter and cuter!
The skirt turned out soooo cute!!! I can't wait till our house's are finished and we can sew together!
Wow Val! How cute is that skirt! Sophie is such a doll.
Post a Comment