I know some of you are probably wondering if we attempted to go Obama's inauguration. The answer is no. Over the inauguration weekend we headed out of town to get away from the millions of people. Although a little part of me wanted to be there, I don't think this California girl could have braved the cold for so many hours. Not to mention I'm claustrophobic and the thought of getting stuck in a tunnel somewhere for hours with hundreds of people makes me sick.
So where did we go? North Carolina. We visited the Triangle, composed of Durham, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh. There are a few residency programs down there and we wanted to check out the cities to see if it might be somewhere we would enjoy living. We loved it and though the cities are small we found plenty to do.
First night BBQ- NC style, but I'd have to say out favorite were the Hush Puppies. When described to us they don't sound appetizing, but upon tasting we could not resist finishing the basket.
The Belted cows were a sight. Sophia especially enjoyed them. She is quite the animal lover.

We also found the cutest little bookstore that carries the "Little Golden Books". You all remember reading those as a child don't you? The Little Red Hen was one of my favorites and was a must get for Sophia's Easter Basket
On the afternoon we walked around Chapel Hill there was a little Children's Museum/play rooms that had free admission that day. So we took advantage and Sophia played for hours in the different rooms with all the other children
After all that playing we stopped for some NY style pizza. Sophia enjoyed the cheese.
Raleigh did not disappoint. We found a Natural History Museum (nothing like the National one) but fun none the less. We also walked around the Oakwood Historic District and enjoyed the old homes.
Our hotel was pretty nice and had an indoor pool. Doesn't she look cute with her boots and suit?


6 comments:
She is going to be the best traveler by her 2nd birthday!
That's so cool you guys made that trip! Those pictures of Sophia look so cute.
I just wanna cuddle that little girl
Still jelous that you got to go to NC snitch... ;)
Looks like you guys had fun though...I cant wait to visit there one day.
Val, you would have been SO impressed with Lu. She is so amazing, and spoke so wonderfully at her mom's funeral. It made me want to be a better mother. I laughed, I cried...it was perfect. Made me love Lu for being such a great person herself. That would be SO incredibly hard to speak at your mother's funeral. I have a lot of respect for what she did. You would have loved it. I was sure to pass your message on to Lu, and she was very touched. She sends her love back!
i love hush puppies and, Elliot attempted to eat a butter stick the other day, seriously we need to get our girls together to play!
Post a Comment