6/11/11

Blue Bonnet Drama (April)




































I use to look forward to Cherry blossoms every spring. Now I look forward to Blue bonnets and all the other wildflowers that adorn the highway medians for those few weeks in spring. I had planned on finding the perfect place and taking my girl's photos with them because that's what Texas Moms do and I'm a Texas Mom now. So I asked around and found the perfect place that was still within the city and didn't leave me driving and hour out into the country. My Mom happened to be in town when they were blooming so we got the girls all dressed up and packed up the car with everything we needed (so I thought) and drove to the "spot". We arrived at a shopping mall and I saw a big field in the middle of a parking lot that had lots of blue bonnets. I thought to myself not the perfect spot but it would do. I just thought this was the "spot" . So I started unloading the girls only to have my Mother ask, "Where is your camera?" I frantically looked all over the car and it was no where to be found. We had just drove 25 mins to get to the ''spot"! I couldn't believe I could forget my camera. So home we went with the plans of coming back later in the week. We ended going back a couple days later, but ended up going in the middle of the day when the light was the worst. After hitting some bad traffic the first time around I did not want to head out anytime near rush hour. I knew I was getting myself into some harsh lighting, but I had my assistant in tow (my Mom) to help add some shade to the girls. It ended up being very hot by midday so we only stayed for a few minutes. Plus it's so hard to take posed photos that have more than one child in them. I got a couple cute ones.
All in all I was happy that I eventually got my photos that is until days later I realized that I didn't even find the "spot". I hadn't looked hard enough in that parking lot and behind some stores was a hill covered in them. Now I was kicking myself. Too bad I couldn't even go back and take more. They were already turning brown at this point. We've had very little rain this year which made for a poor season of wildflowers. I am ready as I'll ever be for next year! I know exactly where the "spot" is( I hope they don't develop that area in the next year) and what not to forget- camera!




1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That is a lot of drama, but I think it was worth it...the pictures are darling, as are your girls. I miss the cherry blossoms, too, but it's fun finding other beautiful flowers to anticipate :)