11/22/10

Port A- Staycation


Since Texas is all new to us, there are plenty of things to go and see within a short drive.
We started things off with a trip to Port Aransas. It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive that included lots of bridges and even a ferryboat ride to get there. This was our first time visiting a Gulf coast beach. Everyone kept telling us that we wouldn't like it cause we are from California. Well the water was warm and we liked that. We agreed we have seen beaches with more beauty, but enjoyed our time there. For a 3 year old a beach is a beach and Sophia was more than happy to be there.









Our attempt at a family photo with my remote control (guess I need some practice, maybe next time I won't cut off our heads)
can you see the remote in my hand?





we had to be careful of these and other jelly fish
(I've done this before and I'm sure I'll do it again...I shot all of these photos with an iso of 1600. Why? because the last time I used my camera it was dark and I never changed the iso back. I was kicking myself when I realized I had done this. A lot of cute photos ended up grainy. Boo! You think I would have learned my lesson having done this before.)

2 comments:

Julie said...

your photos are awesome, the one of rob and sophie almost made my cry i loved it so much!

Lyssa said...

How fun! I wish we could enjoy some beach right now :) Glad you are enjoying some nice weather and that you are getting some good family time.