6/21/09

Sew Happy


Thanks to some wonderful friends in my ward and med-wives I have been inspired to sew something more than just a flannel baby blanket. Before these projects that is all I'd ever sewn (and just a few). I couldn't have done it without my friends. They've helped me understand patterns, shared patterns, showed me links to great tutorials and more important showed confidence in me that I could do clothes for Sophia. These are all very simple projects, but I've sewn more in these last few months than I've sewn in my whole life. It also helps to have an adorable little girl that looks super cute in anything I sew even if there's flaws in it.
(skirt above: dinner napkin turned toddler skirt)

Rob's dress shirt turned toddler dress

the pillowcase dress with fabric instead of a pillowcase


Scrubs to be like Daddy
(they are way to big and she won't even try them on, they were probably the hardest out of all the projects, good thing I had some help deciphering the pattern)

9 comments:

{katrina} said...

So cute! I'm working on my first pillowcase dress for Addison right now. I hope it turns out as good as yours1

dxeechick said...

OMG valerie - you are multi-talented!!! i loooove these.

Mike said...

Yeah Val, You are getting good. I love the dresses.

Stephanie said...

you have been just as busy as me little lady!

Outnumbered said...

I'm so impressed! Those are adorable! And, a skirt out of a dinner napkin?! Great idea.

Ashley said...

I LOVE the dress made out of Rob's shirt. She looks so cute in that pic. I cant wait for you guys to come out here.

Reddington Clan said...

Val I am totally impressed. If I ever have a little girl you are going to have to tutor me on those dresses!! I can't believe you have hardly ever sewn before!! And of course Sophie is absolutely adorable.

Julie said...

I love how the napkin skirt turned out. I am glad to have you for inspiration!

Monica Hudson said...

That is so impressive!! I LOVE the pillowcase dress - if ever I have a girl perhaps I may ask you how you did it! ;-)