12/21/08

National Christmas Tree

Last night we went to see the National Christmas Tree. We all bundled up and drove down and parked by Rob's school. Then we walked by the White House to the Ellipse. There was a lot of construction on the back side of the White House. They were building Inaugural Stands. The Dept. of Treasury also had some nice Christmas Decor. Sophia loved watching the trains go around the bottom of the tree. In one of the photos with Rob she looks a little upset because we turned her around for a picture and she couldn't see the trains anymore.

3 comments:

emily w. said...

Hi Val--

Thanks for the link to your blog. Your little girl is adorable. You honestly haven't changed a day, cute as ever. I'm glad to see your family is doing well and that you're healthy and happy. I'll have to add you to my blog roll so I can check in with the Holts from time to time.

Oh, and it looks like you've got some mad design skills yourself. Your header is adorable!

I'm going to send the link to your blog to my sisters. I'm sure that especially Sarah would love to see you again.

Luisa said...

Hey Val! Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Sophia is looking so cute...I love all your pictures! (And your christmas card was cute:)

See Mom Smile said...

Miss you guys and little Sophie. So what is the construction for at the White house? A smoking room for the new Pres? Just wondering.