6/10/08

It's been too long







I spent one year away from home before getting married. That was my sophomore year at BYU. That was one of the most memorable years of my life. Not only was I enjoying and exploring all of the opportunities of being on my own, but I was spending it with the BEST roomies anyone could have asked for. King Henry- Apt. 17 Val, Court, Luisa, and Rachel. Courtney and I were already friends and Luisa and Rachel were already friends. The four of us came together that year not knowing that we would walk away with new friends, and memories to last a lifetime.

This last week I got to meet up with Luisa. It had been 5 years since our last apt. reunion. So many things have happened since then: marriage, babies, moves, education, and careers. We had so much fun catching up. We each did a run down of each year that had past since we had last lived together. It was so easy talking to her. It was just like the good old days. The weather was perfect and we had a nice lunch outside on the patio at Olive Garden. She was able to meet Sophia and I was able to meet her new little 2 month old Jake. We might even get lucky and see her one more time before we leave. I hope we don't let 5 years pass again before reuniting.

1 comment:

Luisa said...

Love that pic of the babies! Too funny! I had SO MUCH fun seeing you...I miss the old days of sophomore year, but I'm glad to see that after these years, nothing has changed...it is still so easy and fun to hang out. I think that is the sign of a true friendship! I love ya girl!