7/25/07

Sophia's Blanket


Knowing that I would soon be a mother, I decided I wanted to learn how to sew. You know become a little more domestic. So I bought a sewing machine a couple of months ago and my mother-in-law on one of her visits to us taught me how to make a simple baby blanket. I know, 27 years old and just learning how to sew. I feel it's never to late to learn anything new. Here is one of my finished products. A simple blanket for Sophia, made with lots of love by her mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val - Your blanket is so cute! And it is finished before she is born... you are on top of things already. (The blanket I started making before Zach was born was his easter present at 15 months!) It's fun to see what you've been up to... I'm glad VA is treating you so well! Can't wait to see Sophia!
Steph

Luisa said...

Hey Val, we are alike...I got a sewing machine a few years back, and the only thing I have ever made on it is a baby blanket! Yours is very cute:)

{katrina} said...

I just started making a baby blanket for our little one....I still have until March to complete it, but it's worth a shot! My mother-in-law showed me how to sew too!