
This year we celebrated Sophia's birthday a day early. In the morning we made cupcakes from scratch (Bakerella has a most delicious recipe) and then headed to Toys 'R Us to pick out a couple of gifts and get her first balloon of the day. She ended up picking out a Dirt Devil Vacuum and a little people princess house. Next stop the party store. Sophia had been asking for balloons since her cousin Bree's party. I promised her she could have some on her birthday.
She was so excited to walk out of the store with a big bouquet of balloons. (I forgot to get a photo of her with her balloons.) She fell asleep on the way home and then finished her nap at home. While she slept I made frosting for the cupcakes. I tried to color it to match the toppers, but getting a specific color of green is a little harder than I thought. When she woke up her bff Joshy came knocking at the door with a gift. It was a cute little wooden train set. They played together with it for a little while and then it was time for the airport. Both Joshy and Sophia had family coming into town at the same time, from the same airport, on the same flight. Rob went to the airport to pick up his brother, Mike and his family. We were so excited to have family come to visit us and be here to celebrate Sophia's birthday with us. After dinner we sang and ate cupcakes and ice cream. She also opened several cards with gifts from grandparents and great grandparents who couldn't be there on her special day.

She wanted 2 cupcakes. I saw it fitting and gave her 2. We then put 2 candles in one of them and before we got them lit, she had already pulled one out and licked the frosting off of it. So we had to hurry and lite the one before she got to that one also.

Licking the second candle after the song.
2 comments:
love the sticks!
Happy Birthday to Sophia! So excited to meet her!!!
Post a Comment