7/14/09

Sophia's new bed

Last month Sophia surprised both Rob and I by climbing out of her crib one day. We knew her crib turned into a daybed so we decided to just take the front off. The only thing it didn't come with was a bar or rail of some sort so she wouldn't roll out. The first night I put down a whole bunch of pillows and quilts down, but she slept just fine with no rolling out.
I began to search the web for a bar we could buy. I didn't have much luck. Either they were as expensive as a toddler bed (might as well buy one of those instead, if you're going to pay that price) or they only worked on twin beds. I finally thought to check Ikea's website. There for $10 was a bar that fit and matched her day bed perfectly. I couldn't be more happy. So the next day Sophia and I drove to Ikea to get it and we brought it home and Rob had it up in less than 15mins. I can't believe how perfect it looks and works. Now I sleep much better at night knowing she won't be climbing out of a crib or rolling out of the daybed.
She has loved her new bed from the start. During the day she loves to climb in and play with dolls or jump around. Thank goodness we have had no trouble with her going to bed at night in it either.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

she can have a sleepover with bree, her new bed is coming this thursday! she can spend the night that night!

{katrina} said...

That is AWESOME! What is that called? I know Addison's time is coming very, very soon...and I'm scared!