9/12/07

5 Weeks

Today Sophia is 5 weeks old. Boy does time fly. Our family has been blessed to have both of the Grandmas here over the past few weeks helping with the move in, baby and all the household chores. This made recovering from my c-section easier. Thank you!!! We are now adjusting to just the 3 of us.
Sophia is healthy and well. At her two week check up she had gained a pound. That was very good. We don't go back to the doctor until next month. I can't wait to see how much she has grown. The other day I went to put her in her car seat and the straps had to be loosened. I couldn't believe it.
We love her so much and continue to feel blessed that she is in our lives everyday.


Here are some pics of her over the last few weeks.


Here she is at 5 weeks. She loves to sleep with her arms up. Try swaddling her. At just a few days old she managed to get her arm out of her sleeper sleeve and out of the swaddle blanket. We were very impressed with our little Houdini.
















4 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Val...she is BEAUTIFUL! Glad you are recovering well- no one can quite prepare you for that process!
Love that she sleeps with her arms up in the air! Annie was the same way and everyone would swear by the swaddling and she just would not have it- we would time how long it took her to break free:). You look great too!! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness..you moved and had a baby?!? Thank heavens for Grandparents who love their grandbabies and daughters so much they come and help! You two have sucha cute girl.

Emma used to sleep in the BYU pose too. Now it's the butt in the air. Treasure it...before you know it they will be throwing food on the floor to say they are done and crying when you try to keep them from hurting themselves. :)

Courtney said...

I don't know if it is because I have boys, but Sophia is just SSOOO beautiful! I mean, don't get me wrong, I think my little guys are to die for, but little girls look so feminine and cute!!! I loved the picture of her asleep on Rob's chest. You do not even look like you just had a baby! Loved the pics!!

Luisa said...

Val,
Sophia is so cute! You must be having so much fun with her...I am so anxious for time to just go by fast and get to the part where I have a baby...so I am jealous:) You look great and I am glad to see everything is going so well!